Mold often grows out of sight in dark, damp areas, which makes it difficult to treat or even notice. While mold occurs naturally in most environments to some extent, excessive amounts prove dangerous. Because mold produces allergens and irritants, it affects anyone who touches or breathes it in. Mold causes sneezing, runny noses, red eyes, rashes, and breathing issues. It can even cause asthma attacks and severe allergic reactions in some people.
In addition to health risks, mold and microbial growth sometimes damage structures and contents. Molds cause biodegradation of natural materials, which proves dangerous when it comes to the materials making up your home or business. Any place with an abnormal amount of moisture invites mold growth. If mold starts growing indoors, mold remediation becomes necessary to reduce the risks of health problems and structural damage.
Without proper education and training, the probability of further mold contamination and damage increases. Because of this, anyone in the process of microbial or mold remediation should take great care. Certified by the IICRC in Applied Microbial Remediation, our knowledgeable team knows the proper procedures, tools, and equipment to use in the delicate process of mold remediation. To protect the contaminated dwelling and its occupants, technicians working in a contaminated environment must be fully aware of the steps needed to keep things safe.
1. Inspection- Our IICRC-certified inspectors inspect the area to find any and all sources of moisture leading mold formation. If we find mold, we create a plan of attack for dealing with it.
2. Preparation- We seal off the area to prevent further contamination, then remove and treat any movable content. If we cannot save something, we discard it in a hygienic manner. We address the moisture source problem to prevent mold from reoccurring.
3. Treatment- We treat and decontaminate the area, thoroughly removing the mold and sanitizing all affected areas.
4. Cleanup- Once the area has been decontaminated of mold, we clean it thoroughly, removing all debris and wiping down surfaces. Then all affected areas receive an anti-microbial preventative to cut chances of reoccurrence.
5. Inspection- Once we resolve the problem completely, we go over our work once more to be sure the mold has been thoroughly taken care of. We explain what was done and ensure our clients’ satisfaction with our work.
United Services works with homeowners, insurance adjusters, and industrial hygienists, so we can provide full service mold remediation and recreate a healthy living environment. Our quick and efficient mold remediation gets your home or business back to normal in no time. Call United Services at 877-253-2620 and let us help you!